How to set up your Email
Setting up Outlook Express for Your POP3 E-mail Accounts
The following section explains how to create a new e-mail account using Microsoft Outlook Express.
1. In Outlook Express, go to the Tools menu. Click on "Accounts..."
2. Next, click the "Add" button, and then the "Mail..." button
3. Put in your name as you want it to appear on your emails and click on "Next"
4. 'Put in your e-mail address, which is your account email@example.com, then click next.
5. Server type is POP3. In the incoming and outgoing mail servers, type "mail.rtconline.com". Then, click on "Next".
6. Next, enter only the first half of your e-mail address as the 'Account name'. (See the example below.) Next, enter the password you chose for this account. Be sure to use only lower-case letters when entering your password. Do not use any capital letters. 'Remember Password' should be checked. Do not check the box "Log on using Secure Password Authentication".
7. Now hit Next and then Finish. After you hit Finish, you should see the following window. If not, go to the Tools menu, and click on "Accounts." You should then see this window. In this window, click on your domain name, which will appear as "mail.rtconline.com" until it is highlighted, then click on "Properties."
8. Click on the "Servers" tab when the next screen pops up. Now, check the box that says, "My server requires authentication" for Outgoing Server. Click "Okay". You MUST do this step so you can send mail to everyone.
Now, you're ready to send and receive mail! To set up multiple accounts, follow these steps again.
How to set up Windows Live Mail in Windows 7
This article describes how to set up Windows Live Mail in Windows 7.
Note: Windows 7 does not come with Windows Live Mail. It is a separate mail application that must be downloaded and installed separately. Refer to Microsoft for installation instructions.
To set up Windows Live Mail in Windows 7,
complete the following steps.
1. Open Windows Live Mail.
2. From the Mail tab, click the Add e-mail account link.
3. Complete the following steps.
- Enter email account information In the following fields.
- E-mail address
- Display Name
- Click the Next button.
a. Select POP3 from the drop down menu
b. Enter the Incoming and Outgoing mail server locations. They are both mail.rtconline.com
c. Click the Next button.
d. Check "My Outgoing server requires Authentication."
5. Click the Finish Button. A window reading "You have successfully entered the information requried to set up your account will appear".