In 1935 a local Reserve, LA electrician had an idea that sparked the growth of St. John the Baptist Parish’s first telephone company. Daniel Madere erected a single telephone pole and a few wires in front of his home. What began with just 15 customers on a single dirt road in Reserve has grown to serve residential and business customer across Southeast Louisiana. Rising from a family owned company in 1935 with copper wires strung across the sugarcane fields of Reserve, we have grown our network, products, and services to meet the area’s needs.
In 1998, the Madere family sold the business to a NY investment group and they expanded into LaPlace – offering Cable TV and Internet services. In 2007, ownership of RTC was brought back home when a prominent family from Louisiana purchased Reserve Telecommunications.
In 2010, we purchased the Charter system in St. James Parish which services the unincorporated areas of Paulina, Convent and Hester. In 2011, we expanded our network to the west bank of St. John and St. James parishes, serving the communities of Edgard, Pleasure Bend, and Vacherie. In 2014 we expanded our network into northern Lafourche parish, serving the city of Thibodaux and the surrounding areas. In 2014 RTC enters security business with purchase of two local companies to form RTC Security Services.
Rooted in history, with an eye on the future, RTC is committed to our network, our customers and our communities.