In an attempt to better serve and protect the privacy of our customers and all internet users, Reserve Long Distance Company, Inc. dba RTC promulgates the following policy on "spamming."
"Spamming" is a term used to refer to the broadcast of unsolicited junk e-mail. RTC formally rejects the use of its network for such purposes. Therefore, it is contrary to RTC policy for any user of any RTC service to cause or participate in any of the following activities through an RTC-provided service:
- To post ten (10) or more messages similar in content to newsgroups, forums, e-mail mailing lists or other similar groups of lists;
- To post to any newsgroup, forum, e-mail mailing list or other similar group or list articles which are not germane according to the charter or other owner-published description of the group or list;
- To send unsolicited e-mailings to more than twenty-five (25) e-mail users, if such unsolicited e-mailings could reasonably be expected to provoke complaints;
- To falsify user information provided to RTC or to the users of the service in connection with the use of any RTC service; and
- To engage in any of the foregoing activities by using the service of another provider, but channeling such activities through an RTC account, remailer, or otherwise through an RTC service or using an RTC account as a maildrop for responses or otherwise using the services of another provider for the purpose of facilitating the foregoing activities if such use of another party’s service could reasonably be expected to adversely affect an RTC service.
All of the above practices are considered by RTC as an abuse of both our services and of the recipients of such unsolicited mailing and/or postings. These abuses will not be tolerated. Therefore, these practices are prohibited by RTC as a term and condition of service. Engaging in any of the above listed practices may result in the termination of the "spammer’s" account and/or access to RTC services.
RTC further reserves the right, whenever feasible, to implement mechanisms to block multiple postings as described above prior to the time they are forwarded or otherwise sent to their intended recipients.
In addition to the "spamming" activities listed above, RTC’s terms and conditions of service and use also prohibit other forms of abuse such as harassment and the posting of illegal or unlawful materials. RTC will respond to such activities of its users or subscribers by possible terminations of the accounts of such subscribers or blocking access to RTC services.
Nothing in this policy shall be construed to limit RTC’s actions or remedies in any way with respect to any of the foregoing activities. RTC further reserves the right to take any and all additional actions it may deem necessary with respect to such activities, including, but not limited to, taking action to recover the costs and expenses of identifying offenders and removing them from RTC service and levying cancellation charges to cover RTC’s charges in the event of disconnection of dedicated access for the causes outlined above. Additionally, RTC reserves any and all rights and remedies available to it with respect to such activities at law or in equity.
To report abuse
If you are receiving unsolicited email or if someone is attempting to gain unauthorized access to your computer, report this abuse to us by